- Remove any loose dirt and/or debris.
- Prepare a cleaning solution of mild detergent and warm water. Use a sponge or a soft bristle brush to clean, use light stokes to brush on the solution in the same direction as the weave of the fabric.Allow cleaning solution to soak into fabric for a few minutes.Rinse thoroughly with clean water. Most hoses have attachments that can be very helpful during this process.Allow fabric to air dry.
- Apply a light mist of cleaning solution, given above, using a misting spray bottle.
- Gently work in the solution into the stain by lightly blotting and brushing the affected area with a sponge or very soft bristle brush.
- Rinse completely with clean, cool water.
- Blot out excess moisture with a clean, soft towel or sponge. You may also use a Wet Vac to remove excess moisture.
- Repeat these steps until stain is removed.
Heavy Cleaning for Stubborn Stains and Mildew
- Outdoor fabrics used in our collection are resistant to mildew growth, however, mildew may grow on dirt and other debris that are not removed from the fabric in a timely manner. To clean mildew, or other stubborn stains:
- Prepare a solution of 1 cup of bleach and 1/4 cup of mild soap 8 cups of clean water.
- Spray on entire area and allow to soak into the fabric.
- Scrub vigorously with a soft bristle brush, sponge, or clean towel.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean cool water.
- Allow fabric to air dry.