With the Lloyd storage units and bookcases Jean-Marie Massaud designs a system of variable geometries. Thin vertical wooden rods create light grilles that run from top to bottom on invisible horizontal rails. Each grille can be moved as desired to create sequences that are different each time.
A fluctuating score of solids and voids, of light and shade. A sensual game that offers a glimpse of the contents, books and objects without fully revealing them. The most advanced technology is combined with traditional materials, wood and saddle leather, to form a solid and minimalist structure. The horizontal elements on which the grilles slide are made from HPL laminate, a material which even in very thin layers guarantees stability and strength, with a natural oak veneer in a matt lead finish. The vertical saddle-leather uprights are placed at regular intervals to give the piece of furniture rhythm and enhance the liberal effect of the grilles. Each individual grille is a painstaking piece of cabinetwork. Made of solid oak, they move along rails carved into the shelves and are furnished with plastic runners to reduce friction. The solid oak rods are cut in different thicknesses and then individually glued by hand. The sides of the structure are closed by fixed solid oak grilles. The Lloyd storage units and bookcases are available in two variants: a wall version and a freestanding version. The latter has sliding grilles on both sides (front and rear). The wall version has sliding grilles on the front only while the back, in contact with the wall, is closed by a matt black lacquered MDF panel which, on the inside, can be upholstered in saddle-leather. The Lloyd bookcases and storage units have steel feet. The exterior feet at the front have a gunmetal grey finish while the central feet, set further back, have a matt black lacquer.
The Lloyd High Cabinet can either be chosen in a freestand model or wall mounted. Either way dimensions such as 225x111cm, 225x150cm, 280x111cm, 280x150cm, 280x89cm and 255x89cm.
- - Download OPTIONAL SHELF
- - Download OPTIONAL GRIDS
- - Download HIGH CABINET 225X111 FREESTANDING
- - Download HIGH CABINET 225X150 FREESTANDING
- - Download HIGH CABINET 225X89 FREESTANDING
- - Download HIGH CABINET 280X111 FREESTANDING
- - Download HIGH CABINET 280X150 FREESTANDING
- - Download HIGH CABINET 280X89 FREESTANDING
- - Download HIGH CABINET 225X111 WALL
- - Download HIGH CABINET 225X150 WALL
- - Download HIGH CABINET 225X89 WALL
- - Download HIGH CABINET 280X111 WALL
- - Download HIGH CABINET 280X150 WALL
- - Download HIGH CABINET 280X89 WALL
- - Download LOW CABINET 225X46 FREESTANDING
- - Download LOW CABINET 225X68 FREESTANDING
- - Download LOW CABINET 280X46 FREESTANDING
- - Download LOW CABINET 280X68 FREESTANDING
- - Download BOOKCASE 225X166 FREESTANDING
- - Download BOOKCASE 225X188 FREESTANDING
- - Download BOOKCASE 280X166 FREESTANDING
- - Download BOOKCASE 280X188 FREESTANDING
- - Download LOW CABINET 225X46 WALL
- - Download LOW CABINET 225X68 WALL
- - Download LOW CABINET 280X46 WALL
- - Download LOW CABINET 280X68 WALL
- - Download BOOKCASE 225X166 WALL
- - Download BOOKCASE 225X188 WALL
- - Download BOOKCASE 280X166 WALL
- - Download BOOKCASE 280X188 WALL
- - Download 2D
- - Download DWG
- - Download MAX
- - Download HOME and NIGHT Collection - Consumer 2019
- - Download Lloyd
- - Download Download gallery
Architect, designer and inventor, Jean-Marie Massaud seeks to only create designs that question established expectations and subvert trends and preconceptions.
Born in Toulouse, France in 1966, he graduated from the École Nationale Supérieur de Création Industrielle - Les Ateliers, Paris in 1990.
He founded Studio Massaud in 2000 with Daniel Pouzet and His approach is centred on the search for a pure aesthetic, where the individuals’ needs are always paramount.
To date, he has worked for prestigious companies such as, Offecct, Cappellini, Poltrona Frau and Cassina, and luxury brands Armani, Lancôme and Baccarat. In 2000 he founded Studio Massaud with Daniel Pouzet and orientated his activity towards architectural projects alongside furniture and industrial products design.
Although most well known for his furniture designs, such as the Outline easy chair for Cassina, the Archibald A easy chair for Poltrona Frau, the Bond chair for Offecct and the Jackie bed for Poltrona Frau, the studio has also reinvented the architectural brand images of Lancôme and Renault and has directed large-scale projects such as: the Tanabe House (Fukuoka, Japan), a 50,000 seat stadium in Guadalajara, Mexico.