After Let it Be and Come Together, designed for Poltrona Frau in 2017 and 2018 respectively, Ludovica and Roberto Palomba have designed Get Back, a seating system that once again pays homage to the Beatles.
Get Back is inspired by the refrain, “Get back, get back, get back to where you once belonged”. A playfully schematic text for a project that represents a return to comfort, to a welcoming tailor-made space where you can really feel at home.
The Get Back sofa is the product of in-depth research into comfort. Generous, spacious and open lines, reclined backrests that encourage relaxation, numerous modular elements to combine freely in lots of different compositions. A very light overall effect created by the suspended frame, supported by simple aluminium feet. On top, soft cushions and chaise elements with unexpected depth. An alluring invitation to “Get back home” and enjoy the relaxing and convivial atmosphere of your living room.
The apparent informality of Get Back conceals its close attention to detail. The seat and backrest merge together in a single, extremely light element decorated with thin piping that makes it look as if it has been designed in pencil. The rounded corners make the surfaces even more inviting and a leather armrest enriched with precious stitching embraces the seat from the side, underlining the softness of its forms.
The seat and backrest cushions, padded with soft down, create an interesting contrast with the sculpted surfaces of the frame and underline Poltrona Frau’s leather processing prowess.
The backrest structure is made of solid beech and poplar, birch plywood and infill produced from hardboard panels.
The frame of the basic structure is made of die-cast aluminium and solid tulip wood for the covered parts. Elements in moulded polyurethane foam are inserted in the ends of the backrests and the corners of the frame.
The base and backrest are padded with polyurethane foam while the armrests are padded with polyurethane and polyester padding. The seat spring system consists of interwoven elastic belts. Seat cushion with down padding and stabilising insert in polyurethane foam. Backrest cushion with down padding in separate chambers. Cast aluminium feet with Ruthenium finish and black nylon caps. Get Back can be upholstered completely in Pelle Frau® leather or in a combination of Pelle Frau® leather with fabric seat and backrest cushions.
- - Download 2 SEATER SOFA WITH MEDIUM ARMS
- - Download LARGE 2 SEATER SOFA WITH MEDIUM ARMS
- - Download 3 SEATER SOFA WITH MEDIUM ARMS
- - Download OTTOMAN
- - Download LARGE OTTOMAN
- - Download ARMCHAIR WITH BENCH / MEDIUM ARM
- - Download LARGE ARMCHAIR WITH BENCH / MEDIUM ARM
- - Download 2 SEATER SOFA WITH BENCH / MEDIUM ARM
- - Download ARMLESS ARMCHAIR WITH BENCH
- - Download LARGE ARMLESS ARMCHAIR WITH BENCH
- - Download 2 SEATER ARMLESS SOFA
- - Download SECTIONAL 2 SEATER SOFA WITH MEDIUM ARM
- - Download LARGE 2 SEATER ARMLESS SOFA
- - Download SECTIONAL LARGE 2 SEATER SOFA WITH MEDIUM ARM
- - Download 3 SEATER ARMLESS SOFA
- - Download SECTIONAL 3 SEATER SOFA WITH MEDIUM ARM
- - Download 45° CURVED SECTIONAL ARMLESS ARMCHAIR
- - Download 45° CURVED SECTIONAL ARMCHAIR WITH MEDIUM ARM
- - Download CORNER 2 SEATER ARMLESS SOFA
- - Download CORNER 2 SEATER SOFA WITH MEDIUM ARM
- - Download CORNER 2 SEATER ARMLESS SOFA WITH BENCH
- - Download CORNER LARGE 2 SEATER ARMLESS SOFA
- - Download CORNER LARGE 2 SEATER SOFA WITH MEDIUM ARM
- - Download CORNER 3 SEATER ARMLESS SOFA
- - Download CORNER 3 SEATER SOFA WITH MEDIUM ARM
- - Download 2D
- - Download La Collezione
- - Download 2019 Home Collection - Novità 2019
- - Download Get Back
- - Download Download gallery
Ludovica+Roberto Palomba, architects and designers, founded Palomba Serafini Associati in 1994, based in Milan. The high quality of their project is their distinctive mark. They collaborate with the most prestigious design brands all over the world and the majority of their products designed since 1994 is still in production.