Our Type 1228™ desk lamp will introduce a vibrant pop of colour into any interior space. Its attractive, flexible shade can be rotated to create a highly efficient work light, or tilted away to dispel a warm, ambient glow around the room. Paired with a compact desk clamp, the lamp can fix to a wide range of horizontal surfaces.
- Shade diameter: 17cm
- Shade height: 18cm
- Max reach: 66cm (from base to shade)
- Cable length: 270cm
- Desk clamp (h x w x d): 11cm x 6cm x 3.7cm
- Twin layer coloured polypropylene shade
- Brushed aluminium shade cap, switch cover and arms
- Bright chrome plated bridle and fittings
- Aluminium clamp with plated finish steel fittings
- Anglepoise® constant tension spring technology
Design Director of Anglepoise since 2003, Sir Kenneth Grange began his illustrious career as a technical illustrator whilst in National Service. He subsequently made his reputation as an industrial product designer and in association with four partners founded Pentagram, now an international design practice with offices in USA, Germany and London. Grange’s remarkable work spans half a century and his user-centered, often quintessentially British designs have helped shape the parameters of everyday life for so many. Not only everyday household brands like Kenwood, Parker, Kodak - and of course Anglepoise - have received the Kenneth Grange treatment but also the InterCity 125 train, the regional Royal Mail postbox and the latest London BlackTaxi.