This item is part of our Considered Collection
Mogensen designed this solid wood dining bench in 1956. With its robust simplicity the bench is an ideal example of Mogensen’s lifelong drive for a purified shape.
Product made from sustainably sourced materials with a lower environmental impact than conventional alternatives.
D: 48,5 cm H: 77 cm L: 171,5 cm Wt: 21 kg Cbm: 0.82 cbm Sh: 46 cm
Oak black lacquered
Oak light oil
Oak smoked and oiled
Upholstery available in a range of fabric and leather options.
For more information on available finishes, download the 'Fredericia Upholstery and Surfaces Overview' from the Resources tab.
- - Download The Mogensen Bench Architect file package
- - Download 3171 Bench - Model 3171 Image
- - Download The Mogensen Bench - Model 3171 Image
- - Download Mogensen C18 Table - Model 6290 Image
- - Download Mogensen Bench - Model 3171 Image
- - Download BM Bench - Model 3171 Image
- - Download The Mogensen Bench - Model 3171 Product Sheet
Børge Mogensen (1914-1972) was one of the most important furniture designers of his generation. Having started as a cabinetmaker, like many other designers, he developed into an accomplished furniture designer who created functional and affordable furniture for the everyman. Mogensen studied at Copenhagen school of Arts and Crafts from 1936-1942 under the watchful eye of Kaare Klint as his mentor. After completing his studies he initially went on to work with Klint, from whom he learnt to produce simple and functional furniture. Later on, Mogensen also succeeded his former mentor as designer at the Museum of Decorative Arts in Copenhagen when Klint died in 1954.